BLUE! Think Inside of the Blue Box...
January 14 – February 28, 2022, PWS Online Gallery
… what can “BLUE” be?
• A color intermediate between green and violet: as of the sky or sea on a sunny day: the clear blue sky, a blue silk shirt, deep blue eyes.
• Shades of Blue…azure, cobalt, sapphire, cerulean, navy, Oxford blue, Cambridge blue,
Ultramarine, lapis lazuli, indigo.
• A mood, melancholy, sad, or depressed: feeling blue, gloomy, low, tearful.
• Music : of, relating to, or used in blues: a blue song
• Out of the blue… Blue fish… Blue cheese, Blue Moon, Blue Sky, Blue Mood and on… and on…
What does Blue! say or do to you? As we continue our online programming, we are presenting you with this first opportunity of the year to exhibit online through our website with BLUE!
With these thoughts in mind, we are challenging PWS Artists to create new works for this online exhibit to be presented on our website. Works must be on a paper surface (YUPO and Tyvek are permitted) unvarnished, and be completed with water-based media. We are asking for new work be completed between November 5, 2022 and January 6, 2023.
Our Juror of Awards is renowned Artist Anni Matsick. Awards include 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place, two (2) awards of merit and a People’s Choice Award at the end of the exhibit. Artists and guests will be able to vote via our website.
While we encourage you to present new works that tell your story, do not feel limited to the usual realistic uses of water-media on paper. Don’t be afraid to try a new style or technique. All subject matter from super real to completely abstract, and anything in between, is welcome.
Each PWS member may exhibit up to three (3) pieces, the minimum size of the unmatted piece is 11X15”. No 3D work or multiple panel entries will be accepted.
ENTRY FEE: $20 for 1 to 3 pieces
ONLINE: Entry Deadline, January 6, 2023
For more information or the complete prospectus click here.